People ask us all the time about the cost of our Pet Sitting Services. We understand that cost is a very important consideration when hiring a Professional Pet Sitter, and you might be wondering how a professional pet sitter arrives at his costs, or why different pet sitters have different costs.
Truly, there are a lot of variables! Let's take a little sneak peek into some of the factors that contribute to the cost of pet sitting.
Pet Sitting Costs
- Insurance: A professional pet sitter has a good insurance policy in place. Pet Sitting insurance not only covers your pet sitter, but also covers you and your home! If you're not sure if your pet sitter has insurance, you should ask! A pet sitter without insurance might have less expensive services, but those savings could cost you big in the long run.
- Gas: Pet sitters drive around from one appointment to the next, and as such have fuel costs associated with their travel between appointments. Because pet sitters rely on their cars to do their job, they also have increased maintenance costs to keep their cars in reliable condition.
- Software: Pet Sitting Software??? Yes, that's right. Does your pet sitter offer a slick web-based scheduling system where you can book your appointments online 24/7? Do they accept credit cards for payment? These items offer a pet sitter's clients a lot of convenience and help create a very easy, practical solution for your pet sitting needs, but they also can contribute to the cost of pet sitting.
- Training: In order to care for your pets while you're away, a pet sitter should be trained in various aspects of their jobs. Things like pet first aid classes, or pet CPR classes and certification all have their benefits, but those benefits will often contribute to the cost of pet sitting.
- Business practices: Is your pet sitter licensed with the city, and does he pay taxes? Does he have a CPA? A professional pet sitter is on top of these matters, and pays state, local, and federal taxes, as well as the help of a CPA to stay in compliance and up to date. Not the most attractive of costs for a pet sitter, but they are very real.
Want to learn more about to costs of Whoa Doggy's Pet Sitting Services, just check out our Pet Sitting Services page and our Cat Sitting Services page and if you have questions or want to schedule your Meet & Greet, just give us a call at (404) 941-4646 or Contact Us by email!